Wednesday, May 18, 2011

MAH BURFDAY (Part 2)

So I realized I didn't even write about what we did for my birthday! After the project in the morning, Kassie and I got our yummo Peruvian ice cream, and did some email and such at Maximo. As soon as we walked back out of the building, we looked at each other, and simultaneously said, "Ice cream?" So we went and got ice cream...again. Cause it was my birthday. And we wanted it. haha :) We headed back to Yoni's and hung out upstairs and played cards and listened to music and organized our room a little.

When we came down for dinner, we saw that the table was set with nice dishes and there was this GORGEOUS birthday cake they had made for me! (Funny fact: They had spelled my name "Haslay" cause they had no idea how to spell Ashley. I loved it.) Yoni and Diana made us my very favorite Peruvian dish, Aji de Gallina, for dinner. This happens to be Kassie's and Matt's favorite dish here as well so they lucked out. :) They had even bought a bottle of wine for the occasion, which Kassie and I obviously didn't enjoy, but the other volunteers were pretty stoked about it. So we ate our awesome dinner, Wendy took some pictures, and then they sang Happy Birthday to me in both English and Spanish. I blew out the candle, and it's their tradition for the birthday person to take a bite out of the cake, and then they try to smush the cake into their face when they bite into it. So I had cake face. And it was awesome. haha :) Jacqueline gave me a little magnet board and keychain from Australia, and gave a keychain to Kass as well. But it was a really fun night! Definitely a good birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment